1. This estimate is based on the plans and specifications either provided by or agreed with you and where we have done so we shall not be responsible should the goods or service not be fit for purpose.
2. Estimate is subject to full technical survey.
3. Estimate is subject to V.A.T at the prevailing rate.
4. We have based this estimate on work being carried out during normal working hours Monday to Friday. We have based our estimate on one visit to site to install unless otherwise agreed in writing.
5. We have assumed un-interrupted access to site. Any delay in our ability to carry out our obligations due to your failure to give adequate instructions or provide proper access to site or any variations in your instructions will be subject to additional charges to you.
6. Lead times are quoted as a guide only and are subject to the receipt of relevant design information/site survey.
7. All glass replaced will be as existing except where it needs to be upgraded to comply with current legislation.
8. We cannot guarantee colour match of uPVC products, films, painted finishes, tinted glass, coloured glass, Low “E” manufacturer/type on obscure glass due to many manufacturers having produced originals or colour fade due to uPVC.
9. Customer’s own material is worked on at their own risk and if parts are to be re-used we can not accept any responsibility for damage, condition or discolouration. We cannot guarantee the future condition where products have been re-used or re-connected. Where glass is replaced on a roof re-using materials, we offer no guarantee against water penetration otherwise related to or incidental to such glazing.
10. Excludes (unless otherwise stated) all redecoration, replacement beading or gasket (customer’s own will be re-used), damage or disturbance arising from reasonable use of our equipment in the execution of our work or damage to furnishing, fixtures or fittings that have not be removed prior to our work being carried out.
11. We are governed by the GGF and manufacturers as to the visual quality of glass products, including fine scratches, seeds, bubbles, Brewster’s fringes, wire alignment, distortion, double reflection (in sealed units). Further information can be found on our website www.24hourglass.co.uk
12. Where the original specification/product is no longer available, our estimate is based on similar. Any decorative work on glass will be matched to the best of our ability.
13. We accept no liability should glass break due to structural issues.
14. Any works requiring motorised elevated platforms or cranes are offered with limited liability. Should there be any glass or unit failure our warrant extends to material and labour only, cost of access equipment would be chargeable.
15. Acceptance of our estimate is subject to our full terms and conditions of sale and guarantee/warranties. Copies of these are available on request or on website www.24hourglass.co.uk.
1. All Terms of the contract between The Purchaser and LANGLEY GLAZING are contained in this document. No guarantee, representation or warranty is made or given by LANGLEY GLAZING save as appears herein and no agent or employee of LANGLEY GLAZING has authority to make any guarantees, representations or warranties. No variation or addition to the work specified in the schedule attached shall have effect unless agreed in writing by LANGLEY GLAZING.
2. If during the course of the works problems of structural nature become apparent (and which could not have reasonably been foreseen by LANGLEY GLAZING) then LANGLEY GLAZING shall have the right to call in a suitably qualified structural surveyor to advise on the problem and report in writing at the Purchaser’s expense with the recommendations to be implemented by The Purchaser and at The Purchaser’s expense as soon as is practical to enable LANGLEY GLAZING to proceed safely with its works.
3. The Purchaser shall grant LANGLEY GLAZING employees access to the premises at all reasonable times.
4. All works fitted by LANGLEY GLAZING will be manufactured and fitted substantially in accordance with the schedule attached but LANGLEY GLAZING reserves the right to make such modifications as it may consider necessary.
5. LANGLEY GLAZING undertakes to use its best endeavours to adhere to any delivery period to the Purchaser but time shall not be of the essence of the Contract and LANGLEY GLAZING shall not be liable in any respect for any delay in installation caused by reasons beyond LANGLEY GLAZING’s control, nor for any consequential loss of return thereon.
6. Glass used in the works is of the best quality reasonably obtainable but may have minor imperfections and LANGLEY GLAZING shall not be obliged to replace any such glass as not covered by the warranty of the manufacturer. The standards of blemish acceptability as laid down by the Glass and Glazing Federation shall be used in the event of a dispute. Please see GGF Brochure for details (available on request)
7. The risk in the goods sold shall pass to the Customer on delivery.
8. LANGLEY GLAZING undertakes to repair or replace free of charge any defective unit supplied by LANGLEY GLAZING provided that the defect is notified in writing to LANGLEY GLAZING within a period of five years from date of installation (1 year for timber installations other than those where we are installing the timber frames)and provided also that installation has been maintained in accordance with LANGLEY GLAZING recommendations. Fair wear and tear is not covered by LANGLEY GLAZING guarantee. Hardware is guaranteed for a period of one year only.
9. The Purchaser has the right to cancel the order without penalty, other than deposit Insurance premium, provided that LANGLEY GLAZING receives such a request in writing with five days of the date set down on the schedule attached. Any cancellation after this time period will result in pro rata charges being made to the customer.
10. Any levies or taxes imposed by Government prior to installation will be added to the final invoice.
11. Please keep this document in a safe place. This is your guarantee and will be required in the event of repair or service. Failure to produce this document to the engineer/glazier may result in the works becoming chargeable.
12. This guarantee is between you, the Purchaser and LANGLEY GLAZING. Guarantees are not automatically transferable from proprietor to proprietor. Applications must be made in writing and there is an admin fee for this service.
13. Please see our cancellation document supplied separately.
Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing between us and you these Terms and Conditions of Sale, which supersedes any earlier conditions issued by us, apply to all goods and services set out overleaf (“the goods and services”) supplied by us Langley Glazing to you, our customer. These conditions of Sale shall override any terms or conditions proferred by you but are open to negotiation before your order is accepted which negotiation may result in change to any price published or earlier referred to. No contract exists between us for the supply of the goods and services until we have accepted your order (the “contract”).
2. Description of the goods and services and our charges
A description of the goods and services is given overleaf together with our charges for them and any delivery charges. All charges will be subject to Value Added Tax payable by you at the prevailing rate. You must in addition pay our reasonable charges in connection with:
3. Payment arrangements
Payment for the goods and services will be made by you within 7 days unless otherwise agreed or stated at the time of estimate. If you take from us any other product or service we may include these charges together with our charges for the goods and services on a single invoice.
If any charges are outstanding from the date of the first reminder we will charge you interest at the rate of 2% per annum above National Westminster Bank Plc base rate from time to time on the overdue amount.
Where you are purchasing the goods other than as a consumer, we will retain title in the goods until we have received cleared funds or cash for them.
4. About our goods and services
We may allow a suitably qualified third party chosen by us to carry out any part of our obligations under the contract.
We will not be required under the contract to supply or contribute to supply the goods and services where circumstances beyond our control prevent us from doing so (provided we have taken all reasonable steps to continue the supply) and where we are so prevented we shall have no further liability to you.
Any goods or service provided by us to you other than those set out overleaf are provided entirely at your own risk. Accordingly we shall have no liability to you for any loss suffered by you as a result of our negligence resulting from the provision of the same except for death or personal injury.
5. Plans and specifications
The goods and services will be provided in all material respects to the plans and specifications provided by or agreed with you, and provided we do so we shall not be responsible to you should the goods and services not be fit for the purposes that you intend.
All descriptions, specifications etc. stated in our literature are approximate and we reserve our right without notice to change your specification.
Copyright in any drawing and/or design prepared by us, is vested by us. Any drawings/samples submitted to you for approval must be approved in writing.
Goods supplied to British Standards or similar standards are supplied in accordance with the edition at quotation date.
6. Relevant facts
Prior to us commencing the services and/or delivering the goods you will notify us of all relevant facts such as adverse working conditions and access rights for us to carry out any work.
7. Delivery and use and installation
We will do all that we reasonably can to provide the goods and services within the timescale set out overleaf (or if no timescale is set out, within a reasonable timescale).
Unless otherwise agreed with you, the goods will be delivered and the services will be performed at the location shown overleaf (the “supply address”).
You will be responsible for risk or loss of or damage to the goods once they have been delivered to you.
Where the goods are supplied for collection from our premises, they shall be deemed delivered on the actual date of delivery or when they are ready for collection and notification of such readiness has been given to you. All goods will be stored at your risk following our first reminder to you that they are ready for collection. We reserve the right to charge for reasonable costs of storage for any time during which the goods are stored following sending a first reminder to you.
Where the goods are to be delivered to a location other than at our premises, they shall be deemed to have been delivered when all fastenings have been removed and the goods are ready to be off-loaded at such a location.
Where the goods are not installed by us you will be responsible for installing the goods in accordance with any instructions and/or drawings supplied by us or to the specification set out in any British Standard or in accordance with goods practice. You will also be responsible for ensuring that correct materials are used for ant particular application for the goods and that all such applications comply with all relevant standards and building regulations.
Where the goods are to be installed by us you undertake that you will comply with all our reasonable directions and will in addition:-
Any materials salvaged by us may be removed and shall be deemed to be our property. When carrying out of any glazing to roof light glass, we do not accept responsibility for any damage or disturbance arising from reasonable use of equipment necessary in the execution of our work. We will accept no liability for any water penetration consequential on or related or incidental to such glazing works.
Where we provide specific written warranty in respect of the goods and/or services the terms of that warranty will apply instead of the provisions of this clause 8. Where no specific written warranty is provided we warrant only that the goods shall comply with the specification referred to in clause 5 and shall conform to appropriate standards as approved by British Standards Institute (where applicable), or otherwise to recognised industry standards defined and published by the Glass and Glazing Federation.
9. Bringing the contract to an end
We can terminate the contract with immediate effect if any of the following circumstances exist:
Your attention is drawn specifically to the provisions of this Paragraph 10.
We do not exclude or restrict liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
Except as expressly provided by these Terms and Conditions of Sale or in any specific written warranty issued by us to you all representations and statements (whether expressed or implied) and all warranties, conditions or other terms implied by statute or common law are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Except as and to the extent expressly provided for in any specific written warranty issued by us to you we exclude liability for consequential indirect and special losses and for:
Our aggregate liability to you in respect of the contract will be limited to the contract price.
The handling, working on or transporting by us of your own glass is at your risk.
11. Other terms
We may assign all or any of our rights and obligations under this contract.
Any disputes in connection with this contract will be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
If any provision of this contract is held to be illegal or unenforceable in whole or in part such provision or part will to that extent be deemed not to form part of the contract and the remainder shall not be affected.
12. Method of Measurement for Glass
Prices calculated by reference to the rounded measurements. The total area chargeable is the area of each item so calculated multiplied by the number of items.
For the purpose of this condition ‘rounded’ means: